Wednesday 10 October 2007

Not Dead... Just Floating.

I'm not dead but at the moment I'm not feeling well. Tiredness, cold, funny going-ons inside and my head feels bunged up which in turn makes me feel disconnected from the real world.
I don't know where the time has gone these past few weeks. We're now rehearsing our comedy play 3 times a week now (as opening night is October 30th) which is the only constant ouside of work. However I still manage to fill up every day/evening with something and I'm not sure what.

I can count for some days, the fundraiser party I helped organise on Sept 26th, the Darren Hayes concert on Oct 3rd, going to see a play and support friends from another theatre company last Saturday etc. I also started back at Bikram yoga last week (to help detox, de-stress, regulate my emotions and get more energy) but I'm having difficulty fitting in regular sessions. I guess in between everything I've been sleeping and when I've not been sleeping, I've been buying shoes. Then I've slept some more. That seems to sum up the past 3 weeks.

Rehearsals start tonight for the December play and as knackered and tired as I am, I'm looking forward to it. I love the company, the people and the theatre and rehearsals space is in a really convienent place that's easy to get home from. Knowing me, I'll be moaning about "bloody rehearsals" in 5-6 weeks times but I always seem to do that. Rehearsals are alright, but it's the performance nights that I LOVE.

Speaking of performing, I need to do a lot of updating about all the Prince concerts and aftershow I attended since I last blogged. I'm thinking of making the whole experience into a report which I might so this weekend (no rehearsal on Saturday - Yay!). Something big happened and as soon as I feel better I need to reconnect with it and the inspiration it gave me. I also need to sing again (as soon as my cold ends). I'm doing two plays at the moment but I need to get a bit of music back in my life. I feel that more today that i have done lately. I'd love to be involved in a music/choir performance near Christmas so I'm on the lookout for something that suits at the moment.

I'm also looking forward to the next month or two as a lot of my favourite artists will be releasing music (Alicia Keys, Britney, India.Arie) and I can't wait to hear it all. I'm enjoying the thought of the rest of this rest going by in a flurry of music and performance and finding the time to have some singing lessons and to finally book a piano lesson... or five!

No comments: