Thursday 14 February 2008

Mid-Show Run Report

I've just had my yummy banana porridge and wholemeal toast breakfast and am now sipping some Raspberry & Echinacea tea and trying to stay healthy while I procrastinate (instead of sorting out that report I was approached about yesterday). Yesterday morning I woke up completely shattered and was so tired throughout the entire day. This morning I feel a little better. Still tired, which is to be expected with a schedule like mine at the moment, but just getting out of bed alone did not exhaust me so that's an improvement.

I still have 4 more shows to do and I'm looking forward to doing them all even though it feels like I've done the entire run already. Opening night went well despite nerves a a slight technical hitch in one of the scenes (not mine). When i had a moment to pause I did find myself feeling sick with nerves at having to singing solo (in places) in front of an audience, but when it came time to do it I pulled it off, surprising a couple of people who knew me but didn't know I could sing. That was encouraging and I was raring to go sing again on the second night of the show. Come Saturday night I will be probably be sick with nerves again as I'll have quite a few friends in the audience watching me and anticipating my singing number. Eeeek! I have to remember that I've sung in public now and I didn't die so what the worst that can happen when I sing again?

Despite the tiredness and other things.stresses in my life I am really happy to be doing this and the thrill of every show just reminds me why I love doing this so much and why I put myself through all this. I hope this year I can finally take a big step away from the corporate life and move closer to the creative life.

No comments: