Wednesday 14 May 2008

Chess

I went to see Chess - In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall last night starring one of my favourites, Idina Menzel. The songs were great, the music amazing and the vocal performances were powerful.... there was just one problem. The acoustics in RAH were so bad that I couldn't make out 90% of what the cast were singing/saying. This isn't the first time it's happened. The Darren Hayes concert in October was a great show, great concept, great effects but let down by lack of clarity with the vocal. RAH - sort it out!

I still managed to enjoy the show. I quickly went over Act 1 with my friend who knows it well in the interval to make sure I had the right idea about the storyline. Great to see Idina again (going to another CD signing on Saturday) and great to see Josh Groban perform and Adam Pascal (the Renthead in me) too.

Makes me wanna sing again!

No comments: