Monday 2 February 2009

White Stuff!

I didn't make it to work this morning due to the snow. After discovering that there were/are no buses at all I decided to trek out to the train station. No trains. So then I decided to trek further on to the tube station. Tube station closed and lines suspended. I turned around and I'm now back home trying to heat up my ice-box flat and torn between taking a full day off or making some effort to try to get in for the afternoon and show my manager that I made some effort today. Which I already have I think. I walked a lot today already which is not easy when more than ankle-deep in snowed and fell on my arse a couple of times.

I lack proper food in my flat so I may be driven to go outside and wade through the snow to the nearest corner shop. All I want to do right now is have a snooze. In my coat, scarf & boots. I'm still wearing then as it's not warm enough to go without them.

No comments: