Tuesday 18 November 2008

Friday Unplugged

No change to my general health. I've still got a monster cold, headaches and a wee cough a-brewing in my chest. Lovely. it's to be expected though. Winter is young, I have a busy schedule, I'm run down and my immune system is shot. I cannot wait for December 20th/21st when I should be back home for Christmas by then and I can look forward to a week of sleep, food and more sleep.

Despite feeling crap it came as a relief that Friday night's concert was a relaxing and chilled out affair. We even had seats to sit on. The unplugged concert took place in an auditorium and we got ourselves some good seats and a evaluation questionaire to ponder. The night started off with short sets from three great acts before Roachford got on stage. According to the host introducing him, he's been phoned by Michael Jackson and Prince. Niiiice! It was a short gig but a great show with a few favourites performed and the little singer within me twitching.

Oh, and earlier that night me and Ellie wandered around the venue and ended up crashing some reception on the first floor. I thought I was doing well with my "we SHOULD be here" confident attitude until we got discovered by the (free) bar-man who noticed the concert logo stamped on our hands (in place of a ticket) and we were told where to go... in a really nice, friendly way. I'm so rock 'n' roll!

1 comment:

LJ said...

Wow, you're practically famous. Can you touch my 'k'nees please?