Sunday 30 November 2008

Looming Tech Rehearsal

I don't want to go to bed. If I do, I'll have to wake up and go to a mega-long tech rehearsal for my show. It has to be done but why does it have to take so long. We have to get there at 10:30am and have been told to expect not to leave until 10pm. I think I'll die. Or come close to it. I know I will certainly crack up and start speaking jibberish. Wel, more than I do normally. One tech rehearsal has me squeaking "chiiiiips" in a very high voice and conducting experiements on myself by seeing if I could actually do the splits. Turns out I almost could. I got quite close to the ground. So tomorrow/later today I will probably piss a lot of people off. I'm going to try to be not too annoying. I can annoy myself sometimes.

I'd really love a bit more free time right now. I've got stuff to do and a flat to clean! This show is going to take up the next 2.5 weeks. I do have two days off inbetween show runs but could really do with at least the evening before the opening show off too. We need rest! Professional actors have it easy, they don't have a day job to do on top of rehearsals/shows. :-p

I AM going to enjoy doing the show. It's just rehearsals I don't like. The buzz of having an audience makes it so much more fun.

P.S. I love this song from James Morrison and Nelly Furtado. Two of my faves!

3 comments:

LJ said...

Yep, very long rehearsal indeed. The show will no doubt be absolute perfection given the time devoted to rehearsing it, but still.

Shall text ye to relieve your boredom for approximately 1.5 thecondth.

Imelda said...

I got it! Weeeee! have zero credit to reply though. I want moneh!!!

We finished at 9:51pm. Great.

LJ said...

Yay! I hope you did something thubthtantial with thothe eight minuteth.