Wednesday 5 November 2008

Obligatory US Election 08 Blog

....'cause I have to do it. While everyone else has been posting Obama/Election 08 related Facebook statuses (?), I've been quiet quite about the waiting to see what happend and trying not to raise my hopes too much. Plus I lack intelligence and eloquence to express myself well politically. Well, as this is an historic occasion and one that will be talked about in years/decades to come then I HAVE to say something now:

YAY PRESIDENT OBAMA, YAY!

Where was I when I heard? I crashed out in front of the TV last night as the results from each state were becoming to trickle in, waking every so often to see the latest news. Early morning I had a crazy dream about discovering I was 6 months pregnant and my sister was scanning my belly and relaying all the news back to my mum who was on the phone. The say I felt shocked and freaked out was an understatement. I woke up having a "Oh God, It was a dream.." moment before tuning my ears into the TV and hearing the confirmation that Obama had won.

Then I fell straight back to sleep. I still had a good 90 minutes until it was time to get up for work and I wasn't going to waste. Historic occasion or not! :-p

No comments: