Thursday 5 March 2009

The Fan Continued: Michael Jackson Live In Concert

I am so tired and need to sleep soon but I must talk about my day while it is all fresh in my memory and relevant.

After the quickest bath in history and sacrafising six of my precious pounds on a taxi (buses don't move fast enough for me) I arrived at the O2 and began the long wait with friends for Michael Jackson's press conference. We waited, and waited, talked shite for hours and got interviewed briefly by a local radio station. A moment I am quite proud of. After spend an hour or two moaning baout being bored of waiting and how I hate MJ and his fans, when the reporter asked me how excited I was at today's events I gave an oscar-worthy performance and responded that I was "...extremely excited. We just can't wait to see Michael Jackson and here his news!". I even got praised on my "perfomance" by another fan in the crowd.

We waited some more, got moved to another section of the foyer which was closer to the stage that MJ would eventually appear on, and waited some more. Finally, over an hour late, TV's Dermot O'Leary came on stage to anounce Michael's arrival completed with a jazzy compilation video:



Then Michael Jackson came onstage to defending noise and hysteria and when the audience eventually calmed down he delivered a short speech on his summer concerts (see below) and how they would be his last and he'll see us in July. And then he was off!



Thinking that was all the fun (if you can call standing for 6 hours with a pulled hamstring and backache and having not eaten at all today fun) I met up with my friends and was making plans for the evening when I was called by the BBC and invited to come to their studio to speak on the topic of MJ's concert. After encouragement from friends, me and another friend were in a laid-on car and on our way to the TV studio. The whole thing happened quite quickly. We were ushered into the green room then immediately into the TV studio and as soon as some VT was playing we were quickly shown our seats beside the newsreaders and mic-ed up. The interview wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and we didn't get too hard a time from the news readers.

Then it was over and we were shown out and put in a car to take us home. And that was the end of today's adventures. A couple of people recorded our interview so hopefully I should be able to upload it soon. Watch this space - the start of my TV career? :-p

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Yeah so how come you got a wristband in the end?? SO. UNFAIR! *hmph*

Imelda said...

Ummm... they held me to the side and then someone came along and gave me one. I did moan a bit about being half-blind (true-ish) and needing my friend's support.. which they separated me from.