Monday 9 March 2009

Radio Mel-Mel

I'm so tired right now and need my bed soon. It's been an active and crazy couple of days and I need a good sleep to feel better. Mj has now left town so things might calm down until the concert tickets go on sale on Wednesday/Friday. I need to hope & pray that me and/or my friends get a pre-sale ticket code soon.

I stayed in Friday daytime making up for the tiring and hugry day before then went out in the evening to go to the cinema with Ellie. Afterwards we decided to walk to Covent Garden as we heard tha Michael was watching "Oliver" that night. We didn't stay too long as we weren't prepared to wait 2.5 hours for the show to finish and for Michael to reappear. I did however use this time to schedule another interview, this time for LBC radio for the following day.

On Saturday we paid another trip to the cinema (to see The Young Victoria - very nice!) before dashing home to await a phonecall from the radio station to put me on air. I knew this might be a tougher interview than the BBC one as the presenter had made it clear to me that he didn't rate post-8o's MJ that much, so I boned up on facts and figures to support my points beforehand. It's wasn't too bad actually. Yes the presenter made some negative comments but he wasn't nasty about it and gave me time to get my points across and agreed with some things I said. Apparently the people in the studio seemed impressed with what I said and one woman on their team saying that I should become MJ's spokesperson. Ummm.. yes please!

I spent Saturday evening doing something non-Mj related: playing this game at a friend's house. Which was a lot of fun. We carried on into the wee hours and I ended up snoozing on a friend's sofa until I had to leave in the morning to go home, change and go straight again to have lunch with a friend. Phew!

I'm feeling a bit better about myself and my abilities after the last few day. My friends have been very supportive of my interviews and given me praise where due. I have no pretty way of wrapping up this blog entry as I really need to log off and sleep so I'l just say goodnight now.

I need all the luck in the world for getting a ticket this week!

3 comments:

LJ said...

S'been some crazy times indeed, Imelda.

Your interview is downloading btw... any idea what time you come on at?

LJ said...

Listening noiye...

LJ said...

Listened. You WERE brilliant! Well done, you didn't sound nervous at all and did a really good job with all your points etc. Very coherent too :) MJ would be proiyde!

Why did you plug MJNI tho?