Sunday 29 March 2009

Wrecked!

The weekend is almost over and it heasn't even resgister with me yet. I suppose it's a side-effect of being out of work, every day's the same and weekends don't have the same effect as they doing when doing a 9-5 Monday to Friday.

I went to a friend's funeral on Friday morning and it was incredibly moving. I blubbed lots like the over-emotional empath that I am and just as I had composed myself "Will You Be There" came on as the coffin was being carried out of the church, which set me off again. Sometimes I really need to get a grip. We then attended the burial and the reception afterwards. The rest of the day was spent in a Costa Coffee stretching one drink each over four hours. How poor, starving artist of us (except we're not!).

Saturday was spent sleeping until I managed to drag myself out of the sleeping bag in front of the TV and trek over to a friend's house for dinner and a DVD. I then made the mistake of staying too late and having to make my way home at midnight when my tube line was suspended and trains had stopped for the day. It took a good 2.5 hours. Sometimes I hate London, why is transport so pathethic on a Saturday night? Sort it out!

As for today, I'm still in my dressing gown. I haven't gone outside. I've slept loads, watched TV. I really want chocolate but can't be bothered making walking to the shop on the main road. I have felt wrecked this weekend, probably not helped by having 3 hours sleep on Thursday night followed by an emotional day. And eating crap too. I watched footage on the news earlier about a half-marathon that took place today and it reminded me how I need to sort myself out and start running again.

Now I have a choice to make. Should I eat or should I snooze again?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome bloggings.

I seem to be doing the same kinds of things as you. Except I have a disgusting job. I'll swap my job for your jobless.

Unknown said...

This is definitely a day for staying in and wailing 'I'm sooo aloooone' at oneself.

LJ said...

OMG whose funeral was it? :( That must have been horrible :(

Yeah, being unemployed is like that unfortunately - every day is the same. It won't be forever. If you're ever bored you can always missed call me and I'll call you back from work. And get on Skype!

Unknown said...

Please make more updates! I feel sooo much better knowing other people are having as little fun as me at life!

Imelda said...

Elj... did you know of a fan called Selina? I think she hung out with us outside the Dorch in 2005. She was ill a lot, had sickle-cell anemia among other things. She was only 25 when she passed. :-/