Friday 2 January 2009

Here At Last

I spent my New Year's Eve in true rock 'n' roll style. I had a friend come over to the flat, I curled up in a sleeping bag, snoozing, sipping on a mug of coke (I only have one glass left and that's for guests!) and watching comedy show after panel show after End-Of-Year list shows until the firworks outside told me it was 12am. I was warm and I didn't have to brave the crowds, idiots and transport of London this time. (I'll party when it's warmer and when I feel better, alright?!!!)

So 2009 is finally here. Hopefully it will be a year of good suprises not bad ones. Despite the economic woes, global warming, ill-bred little fuckfaces and many other negative things I shall remain positive this year and do many weird and wonderful things. And I shall hold on to the remaining 4.5 senses I have left.


Yes, I'm full of the "New Year, New Start" cheer despite spending this morning feeling quite stressed as I had been told the Operations Manager was looking to speak to me and I feared the worst as I had just learned that a member of our team had been fired/let go this morning. However when I bumped into her later in the hallway, she had nothing more to say to me than "Happy New Year". (We think she just wanted to make sure everyone in the team actually bothered to come in to work today). So that drama over I now look forward to the weekend and the chance to start to put plans into practise.

As usual I've made about 50 New Year's resolutions so I'm going to need some time to trim the fat and decide upon a small group of something attainable. I'll report back shortly on that...

2 comments:

LJ said...

Looking forward to them :)

Did you and Ellie snog / grope on the stroke of midnight?

LJ said...

UPDATE YOUR FUCKING DIARY YOU LAZY LITTLE CUNT!!!

Love ya. Kisses.