Tuesday 6 January 2009

Resolutions, Plans & A Different Way Of Looking At Things

I'm still deciding on resolutions. They change from hour-to-hour or I find more I want to do. I need to mentally sort sort what are resolutions and what are actions that need to belong on a "To Do" list instead. The three main action points as as follows:

Sort Out Finances: Pay back money I owe friends and settle bills, get my credit card balance down and start to save again. Yes, I said on this blog many times about sorting out my money but I'm making changes to my circumstances so hopefully I can make a bit of progress on this one now.

Improve Body & Health: Eat more healthily, cut down on sugar, start exercising again, stress less. Since I finished the marathon in April I haven't been looking after myself and have been constantly sick. I'm pretty sure the eye infection wouldn't have been so severe if I hadn't spent the weeks before it barely eating and working myself into the ground. Time to get back to Bikram yoga, dance and running. I've signed up for a 10K run on February 14th which will force to me go out running again instead of just talking about it.

Performing & Confidence: Sing more this year and in public. Be more confident in my performing abilities. I will not let my lack of formal training make me feel that I can't take myself, or any opportunity that may present itself, seriously.

That's about it for now.

There are many small "resolutions" that pop into my head but they more or less fall under the three points above.

I also have the following "activities" that I want/shall do this year:

  • Make jewellery
  • Have a colonic
  • Go to Stonehenge with L.J. for the Summer Solstice
  • Get a piercing
and just for fun...

  • Get a naff bit-part in a TV drama such as Junkie #5, Prostitute #3 etc.

While I'm contemplating the year ahead I'd like to reflect on 2008 from another point of view. I received and email from a friend earlier mentioning my acomplishments last year which has made me think that perhaps it wasn't such a dismal year after all. Yes, there may have been a cloud of gloom of some sort hanging over me all the time but I have to appreciate that last year I completed a marathon, performed in 5 shows, did stage management, got to work and experience the Edinburgh Fringe Festival all while I continued to make new friends and contacts and had a lot of fun with the friends I already had. Hurrah!

3 comments:

LJ said...

Wonderful stuff Mel, I think they all sound very positive and very achievable.

Can't wait for Stonehenge!!! :D :D :D Can't BLOODY wait, Imelda.

PS:

>>the eye infection wouldn't have been so severe if I had spent the weeks before it barely eating and working myself into the ground

You mean if you hadn't?

Imelda said...

Aye, that's what I meant. Thank you proof reader.

Let go to Stonehenge NOIYE!

LJ said...

Lol welcome.

Let's!!! *looks up*