Thursday 22 November 2007

The Christmas Listy Blog

My mother's doing her annual Christmas Shopping Trip Away this wekend and has asked for my Christmas present list so she can get all her children's presents in one day. I always find it hard doing this because as I don't live at home I find myself wishing the gas/electicity bill was paid for me or I had a month off paying my credit card repayments/countil tax. Nice practical things that can't really be wrapped up and put under the Christmas tree.

I do need some running trainers, sport bras, winter coat etc. but those things I need to be there in person when she buys them so I can make sure they fit properly. Also, Christmas present or not, I NEED these things so is there any point in putting it down on a big list of present ideas for my mum to pick and choose from (to still keep an element of surprise) and her possibly NOT picking them at all? I can also rule out anything very expensive like a laptop or digital camera because we just don't have the fund for that and gone are the days when Santa would bring us bikes or games consoles.

Also, as I have to fly/bus it back to London, I can't have anything too big and heavy as it will be a pain in the ass to transport.

So that only leaves the usual books, cds and toiletries. I'm having a look through my Amazon wishlist to fnd some items that I didn't rush out to buy the second thei were officially released, and that I wouldn't mind unwrapping on Christmas. I've got one book and 2 cds. just need to think of a couple more things so my mum can have more of a choice and I end up semi-surprised.
Anyone, any suggestions of what I need in my life are welcome.

(PS: Yes, this is a very spoilt entry and I know many go without in this unfair world so I should be grateful for an apple and and orange in my Xmas stocking... but this is my blog and... so there!)

No comments: