Thursday 1 November 2007

Showtime!

I'm almost half way through our 5 night run of our comedy play and I'm happy to report that everything is going well. The show seems to be running smoothly, there has been no big disasters on stage and the audience seem to be having a great time every night. A friend of the director's remarked on how professional it looked and my line I hate the most is getting the biggest laughs. It's been tough trying to stay commited but our hard work is paying off.

I'm now glad I took two days of at the start of the week even if it mean I'll get paid less next week. I have been so drained yesterday and on Monday especially I was extremely knackered and had no idea how I was going to gt through the week. I'm still more tired than usual but I'm compentsating the lack of rest and sleep with eatig everything in sight. My eating habits improved so much over the past month but the past couple of days I've turned into a gluttonous monster. I was happy when invited out by a colleague to her birthday lunch as it meant I could eat an entire pizza by myself. The same colleague bought in a tin of Quality Street which I then topped up with a box of the chocolates and proceeded to pratically inhale the contents. Even as I write my mind is wandering to the theatrepub we are performing in and the potato wedges I will have when I get there later. Yum.

I'm allowing myself to eat what I want this week as it is an exception circumstance and I need my energy so I don't faint on stage or something (excuses!) but next week, I'll get back o the porridge and healthy lunches and yoga classes. Once this play is over, rehearsals for my other play will increase and I'll need to stay healthy and in shape for that.

No comments: